After the popularity of cosplay events at L.S.C.C. 2014, providing an even greater experience for the attendees at L.S.C.C. 2015 will not dissapoint! Whether you're a costume maker or a fan of them, we hope you'll enjoy everything on show across the weekend!
- Star guests from the costume-making community from all around the world, who will be running panels, judging events and showing off their own stunning costumes.
- The Open Masquerade, an informal competition, which will be open to all ages and groups. It will take place on Sunday March 15th 2015, with prizes for best solo, best group, and best under-16.
- Back by popular demand, the highlight of costuming at L.S.C.C. 2015 will be the London Super Costume Championship, set across both days of the convention, with a top prize of a trip for two to Dragon*Con 2015 in Atlanta, USA.
Star Guests of L.S.C.C. 2015
Yaya Han will be returning to L.S.C.C. 2015 as a star guest! Yaya will once again be judging the London Super Costume Championship as well as our Open Masquerade. Yaya Han is one of only a few Cosplayers in the world to build a business in the hobby-ist community. But even after a decade of success, she strives to stay true to what got her into this field originally - fun and creativity. To this day, Yaya has made a myriad of costumes in the genres of anime, manga, video games, sci-fi, comic books and of course from her own original designs. Her intricate and lavish creations have won her numerous awards and acclaim worldwide.
Through hard work, unmatched passion and infectious enthusiasm, Yaya has helped Cosplay gain respect and integrity as an art form in the fandom world and art communities, and her decade long campaign for creativity has helped raise Cosplay to the standards we know today. Everyday, Yaya continues to pave the path for the beloved art and lifestyle we know as Costume Play.
She is also one of the stars of Syfy's reality TV show Heroes of Cosplay - which lifts the veil on the imaginative world of cosplay and the passionate fans - from legends to newbies - who put their imagination and skills to the test to make a name for themselves in this colourful and competitive world.
There will be more star guests announced in the coming months so stay tuned.
Guidance for all costume-wearing attendees:
You may attend the convention wearing any costume you choose (made or bought) but please bear in mind the following:
- To enter the show floor you must have a valid L.S.C.C. 2015 ticket.
- To enter the London Super Costume Championship you will need to register (we recommend registering as early as possible before the convention) and adhere to the championship rules. Championship entrants will be eligible for discounted tickets, due to the time commitment of the event. Please contact us to arrange.
- All attendees must adhere to the Costuming & Prop Rules* in addition to the standard rules for all attendees. Please familiarise yourselves with our general Weapons and Harassment policies.
- HAVE FUN!
The Grand Prize winning entry will receive:
Back by popular demand the grand prize will once again be a trip for 2 to Dragon Con, Atlanta USA!
- Round trip standard flights from a London airport* to Atlanta, Georgia
- A 5-night stay in the Four Star Hilton Garden Inn hotel (one room with twin beds)
- 2 Full Dragon Con Memberships which cover entry for all 4 days
There will be additional prizes for the best runner up in both the solo and group categories.
Those wishing to compete in the London Super Costume Championship will need to apply in advance by completing the London Super Costume Championship entry form.
There will be a limited number of spaces available for advanced registration, which will open on Friday 14th November 2014 and closes midnight on the 23rd November.
Main registration will open on 16th January 2015 and closes midnight on the 1st February.
Each application will be reviewed for eligibility and a member of the L.S.C.C. costume team will confirm entry to all successful applicants.
Once your application has been confirmed, you will need to provide the following byno later than Friday 27th February 2015:
- Official references pictures of your costume(s) for the judges to be able to mark your accuracy.
- A soundtrack (maximum duration of two minutes) in mp3 or WAV format to be played during your performance, if desired.
- An outline of your performance, and details of any stage props to be used, which, will be assessed for health and safety.
On the day of the competition, you will also need to provide details of the construction process and anything else that you wish to share with the judges about your costume.
If you have any queries regarding the London Super Costume Championship then please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com